Monday, July 19, 2010

Contract sent!

Contract read, signed, and sent back to publisher! I am quite pleased with how quickly this process has gone so far. I was staring to get pretty jaded about publishers and I am slightly less negative now. This is a big project with lots of designers so it will be interesting to see how everything turns out. I hope it does not overwhelm the small publisher who is organizing everything.

I've been working feverishly to complete the charts for the ladybug sweater. I had...difficulty, yes, that's a good description, making my explanations clarify how to use the charts within the pattern, and I had to add some design elements for the larger sizes when it was brought to my attention that they were a bit blank... I need to see some test-knit size 8 & 10 sweaters to see if that was a good idea, but I think it is an improvement.

The "boy" has been teething up a storm and drooling enough to saturate multiple layers of his (and my) clothing, so not too much actual knitting happening. It is so frustrating to have work all set out in front of me and not be able to do anything about it! I was only able to get the big chunk of computer work done Friday night by staying up ridiculously late. How do people work at home with small kids? Every time I sit down to either knit or work at the computer I have to consider if it is actually more important than attending to the needs of one of the kids, or preparing food for all of us, or even just using the time to sit with the kids and read to them or otherwise give them relaxed attention that is not cramped by the usual time constraints of "we have to do X, so I only have 5 minutes to read to you", or "Ben is screaming so I can't pay attention, etc..." and I wonder if any of it (my "work") is really worth it/important enough to ever take precedence over spending time playing with the kids or otherwise doing more worthwhile things. How do you prioritize? I mean, it's easy for me to say, ok, laundry and cleaning come last, they get done when there is no other option, but when the girls already get less attention b/c I am focusing on Ben, how can I tell them I need to knit instead of chasing them around the yard? (I can't, am being rhetorical here) And that's how you end up with a frustrated knitter who gets no work done!

ok. we are going blueberry picking this morning. Maybe knitting this afternoon?

No comments: