Thursday, July 8, 2010

Blueberries and Ladybugs...

Finished knitting the Armenian Knit Ladybug sweater, though the charts have been a bit of a struggle. I think I may have to resort to a separate chart for each size, which sucks, quite a lot. Other than that, the pattern seems done, just a couple changes have come up during the test knit, but of course that is on hold until the chart situation is resolved, sigh.

The corrugated ribbing didn't cinch in the way I would like so I ran a thread of elastic through the bottom round and tied it off. Perfect! I think small children's sweaters are most comfy with a snug lower edge and a roomy collar and sleeves. (at least, for my gigantic head-ed offspring!)

We decided to go blueberry picking to celebrate, and though Maggie wanted very much to wear her new sweater I put my foot down, the poor kid had already modeled it in the backyard in 90 degree heat. She got to wear her Buzz Lightyear shirt instead and I think that more than made up for it.  ;-)

No comments: